- Medical reports from the attending physician
- A copy of the National Identification Card and Bank card of the Claimant.
- A certified copy of pay slip for the last month in service for Permanent Total Disability
- Police abstract if cause of disability is accidental.
- PIN certificate i.e itax for the claimants
To apply for the Invalidity Benefits please download the LAPF/4 Notice of Closure and Application for Refund Form from the download area or from the link below.
- The reasons for closure should be fully stated for the Board to determine under which Section of the Act refund is due.
- This Notice of closure of account and application for refund should be sent to the Fund as soon as it is known that a Contributor is leaving. It is not necessary to wait until all the contributions have been sent.
- A copy of the Bank Card confirming the Account Details; Bank, Branch and Account Number. Please note the payment will be done through Bank Transfer (EFT) only.
- A copy of the letter supporting the reasons for closure referred to under Note (1) above should be attached.
Pension Backed Mortgage
Members can use their accumulated benefits (up to 60%) as collateral to secure a mortgage loan to own a home while at the same time saving towards a secured retirement. The Scheme Trustees’ only issue a guarantee to the Lending Institution as a secondary security and as such no funds are transferred from the scheme.
For more information click on the link to read the The Retirement Benefits (Mortgage Loans) Regulations 2009
Members are eligible for this benefits when they attain the mandatory retirement age of 60 years, or early retirement age of 50 years.
Lump sum benefit
A member leaving LAPFUND may elect to receive a one off payment equivalent to the total fund value in his or her account consisting of member contribution, employer contribution, and interest accrued over the period of membership.
A member leaving LAPFUND may elect to receive his or her benefit through an income drawdown. A member may select a specific regular amount or a percentage of the fund value in his or her account, this may be received monthly, quarterly or bi-annually in a year for a period of not less than 10 years.
An individual member’s fund should be at least KShs 5 million.
To apply for the Retirement Benefits please download the LAPF/4 Notice of Closure and Application for Refund Form from the download area or from the link below.
On death of a member, the nominated beneficiaries receive full payment of the member’s total benefit equivalent to the total fund value in his or her account consisting of member contribution, employer contribution, and interest accrued over the period of membership.
To apply for the Survivor Benefit please download the LAPF/7 Application for Survivor’s Benefit Form from the download area or from the link below.
A member, who leaves the service of the sponsor through either resignation or dismissal before attaining the statutory retirement age, is entitled to all his or her contribution and interest accrued; and 50% of employer’s contribution and
interest accrued. The deferred benefit continues to earn interest until the member attains the statutory retirement age.