Three people were killed in the Lang’ata fire on Sunday night, National Disaster Management Unit Deputy Director Pius Masai has said.
The bodies were recovered on Monday morning, he said.
Police confirmed the three bodies were recovered after the fire.
Earlier, Lang’ata OCPD Elijah Maina had said three people were injured and no deaths had been reported.
The search and recovery at Kijiji area near Southlands Estate was still ongoing in the morning.
Disaster management officials were in a meeting in the morning over the fire.