nita.go.ke Industrial Attachment : FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Question: Do the Employers pay a stipend/allowance/wage?
Answer: The sole objective of Industrial Attachment is to expose trainees to real work environment and not employment. Payment of stipend (if any) is at the discretion of the employer
- Question:Does NITA pay trainees who are on attachment?
Answer:NITA does not pay trainees who are on Industrial Attachment. NITA’s role is to coordinate Industrial Attachment
- Question: What is the difference between Industrial Attachment and Internship?
Answer:Industrial Attachment- the placement of a trainee who is still ongoing with his/her coursework in workplace for the purpose of gaining knowledge and practical skills. Industrial Attachment is a requirement in most curricula of training Institutions
Internship- Post qualification placement of trainees in industry for purposes of gaining hands-on experience (those who have already graduated from training Institutions).
- Question:How long will it take before I get placed
Answer:We strive to attach every trainee one month from the time of request as indicated on our service charter
- Question:Can one apply for attachment twice within the same attachment period?
Answer:Students are encouraged to apply only once within the same attachment period
- Question: Which professions/fields/ level of study are covered in Industrial Attachment?
Answer:All fields and levels of study are covered as long as the training institution has identified the need as per the curriculum.
- Question: Can Kenyans studying in foreign Universities apply for attachment in Kenya?
Answer:Yes they can, however the Institution/College/University should indicate the need
Download Forms here
nita.go.ke : Industrial Attachment Contract Form 2 download Online
nita.go.ke CLAIM FORM FOR INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT GRANTS Download Now
nita.go.ke: Industrial Attachment Assessment Form Download Online