Withdrawal from M-PESA Agent
Transfer to Unregistered Users
Transfer to other M-PESA Users
M-PESA charges will depend on the amount you are sending or withdrawing. You can use your M-PESA menu to buy airtime for your phone, or for someone else. This service is free and you will only pay for the airtime purchased.
The changes have also affected transfer to M-Pesa users with a Sh1 increase for the transfer of amounts between Sh101 and Sh5,000.
Meanwhile, Safaricom has limited the number of free transactions of below Sh100 to three in a day which, if exceeded, then M-Pesa users will pay Sh1 for amounts between Sh1 and Sh49 and Sh2 for amounts between Sh50 and Sh100.
The firm has also stated that customers will not be able to withdraw less than Sh50 from agents while the maximum daily transaction value that any user is allowed stands at Sh140,000 and the maximum amount per transaction is Sh70,000.
“You cannot deposit money directly into another M-Pesa customer`s account at an agent outlet,” read the notice.
- Maximum Account Balance is KSHs.100,000
- Maximum Daily Transaction Value is KSHs.140,000.Maximum per transaction is KSHs.70,000
- You cannot withdraw less than KSHs.50 at an M-PESA agent outlet
- To transact, your Safaricom line and M-PESA account must be active
- At an agent outlet, you cannot deposit money directly into another M-PESA customer's account
- You earn Bonga points when you transact on M-PESA.
- To register or transact at any M-PESA Agent outlet, you will be required to produce your original identification document, i.e., National ID, Passport, Military ID or Alien ID/Foreigner Certificate