Kenya Medical Training College – Rachuonyo Campus is located in Homa bay County, Rachuonyo Sub – County, Oyugis Town along Oyugis – Kendu bay road. The college was started as a community initiative with the following objectives:
- To develop qualified health personnel for the Homa bay County and Kenya for improved life.
- To improve accessibility to qualif health care through skilled and trained health personnel for the Homa bay County
- Improving the Nursing standards of Rachuonyo Sub County Hospital.
The college is an initiative of the following partners:
- County Government of Homa bay.
- Constituencies Development Funds- Kasipul.
- Rachuonyo sub-county Hospital.
- KMTC Homa bay.
- Tom Mboya University College- Homa Bay
OPENING OF THE CAMPUS
Kenya Medical Training College – Rachuonyo Campus was opened in April 2016 by the KMTC Board of Management Chairman Prof. Philip Kaloki and the KMTC Chief Executive Officer Peter Tum.
The Principal Mr. Nathan Masengeli was posted to the college in late April 2016 and the first admission of students was done in May 2016.