History of Nyeri Campus
The history of Nyeri campus can be traced back to 1947 when the college opened its doors to its first students. It was started as an Enrolled Nursing school.
In 1975, the college admitted the first Enrolled Community Nursing students while in 1995, the first Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing class at the campus took off. Nine years later in 2004, the college began offering an upgrading course in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing.
The college is located along Kimathi/Kangemi Road, next to Nyeri County Level v Hospital.
Since inception, the college has continued to experience phenomenal growth and is currently offering six programs.
The programmes offered are:
- Nursing : 1947 – TOTAL NO. OF STDS = 366
- Environmental Health Sciences (EHS) :1977 – TOTAL NO. OF STDS = 115
- Medical Laboratory Sciences (MLS) : 1981 – TOTAL NO. OF STDS = 110
- Clinical Medicine : 2005 – TOTAL NO. OF STDS = 208
- Pharmacy : 2010 – TOTAL NO. OF STDS = 180
- Medical Imaging Sciences (MIS) :2010 – TOTAL NO. OF STDS = 72
KMTC Nyeri has plans to start new courses as soon as the lecturers’ hall and resource center under construction are completed.
MODE OF LEARNING
- Learning for the six (6) programs is on full time basis
(8.00 am to5. 00 p.m)
- The Campus does not offer part-time learning
- Currently we do not offer distance learning programme
Practicals are carried out in all the programmes at the already available laboratories and in the available clinical sites in the County.
Leave a Comment