KEMRI Senior Data Manager jobs in kenya salary over 150k
5 min read
Total Execution Time content:
Statistics and Data Management
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:To replace the previous senior data manager and lead a team responsible for data capture, data quality and data analysis routines as part of a programme of work with hospitals around the country. The work will involve use of REDCap and other data collection applications in multiple sites within Kenya; use of the statistical software package R and its related interface function R studio; use of LINUX as an operating platform; work with DHIS2 and interaction with providers of electronic medical record systems in Kenya including Open MRS to foster harmonization of data collection.
REPORTS TO: Principal Investigator, Study Supervisors
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: Data Manager/s
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY: Some responsibility for ICT hardware maintenance to support data collection and planning for updates / additions
- Supervise & mentor data management team, set objectives and help conduct appraisals
- Preparing, updating and documenting systems requirements; overseeing design of data capturing systems and formulation of reports
- Developing systems, QCs and tools for collecting, entering, editing, cleaning, storing, validation, archiving, retrieving, organizing, and transferring of data; and carrying out data review, validation and report generation of all records generated from the database.
- Assisting with development of screening logs and case report forms.
- Conducting recurrent information queries and baseline statistical analyses and report results generated by study sites according to the project specification
- Developing and implementing processes and procedures for data management and movement.
- Implementing and enforcing regular data security activities such as storage, backups, archiving and user administration and resolving queries that arise
- Liaising closely with programmers to create databases, and to test and implement the various case report forms as per the project requirements.
- Providing a link between ICT and the department study teams and data managers
- Overall responsible for training, supervising and managing the departments data management and processing teams and monitoring their performance.
- Documenting system and data management procedures and processes in a manual and updating them periodically
- Performing study specific data management duties as assigned
- Responsible for preparing work plans and for managing QC of data and systems
- For the Health Services Research Group and linked with the KEMRI-WTRP ICT Department to:
- Coordinate roles and monitor progress of Data Management Team and Analytics team – build capacity of team through on-job training as required – provide at least monthly updates to PIs
- Provide oversight of HSU team ICT requirements for hardware and software ensuring equipment fit for purpose including server management (Linux and other as required)
- Lead implementation of progamme wide data governance / data management strategies – training team members as required – and liaison with Kilifi ICT / Data Management units
- Design and develop adaptations to / programming enhancements to REDCap and participate in the REDCap user group and other forums to understand the latest developments
- Help develop strategies using R to improve data quality and perform data analysis routines that can be incorporated into routine reports
- Develop and update web applications (supervising work of others as appropriate) maintained by HSU
- Take the lead in and provide oversight of HSU project and data archive development and access – to include use of DataVerse, Github and other platforms as required and to enable team to deliver ‘Open Access’ to data and tools
- Provide support in training of field data collection teams including developing training materials, preparation of hardware / software, training schedules and conducting training.
- Liaison with companies / groups who are developing electronic medical records to foster harmonization of key data across EMR platforms
- Maintain study databases as required including ensuring regular updates, cleaning, backups and archiving and ensure all related records and reports are handled and managed in line with data governance protocols.
- Ensure compliance with programme ICT policies that span data storage, description, security etc across the research team
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Master’s Degree in Data Management /Information Science or Computer Science
- At least three years’ experience in Data Management or similar position in a research or health institution.
- Demonstrated competence in information management and statistical analysis
- Excellent skills in systems analysis, data management, database design and structures
- Excellent computing skills, including LINUX, RECap and R and other Open Source software
- Experience in managing multisite, distributed data collection and integration
- Experience of developing system documentation
- Business analysis and basic SQL skills
- Ability to handle large databases and troubleshoot issues involving complex data integration
- Expert knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems and of writing and editing program documentation.
- Experience with report development for data quality assessment
- Experience with use of R for statistical programming and R Studio
- Experience with GitHub
- Prior work related to health care and ideally experience of analysing health data and writing research reports
- Solid understanding and experience with MySQL, PHP. Knowledge on Python would be an added advantage.
- An interest in developing team management skills
- Understanding of database design and maintenance, quality control and data cleaning
- Appreciation of the use of data for routine reporting
- Well-developed troubleshooting capacity and clarity of thought
- Have high energy, clear goal orientation and strong work ethics
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and work within tight deadlines
- Excellent customer support and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment and to multi-task
- Ability to interact with users/ office colleagues in simple non-technical language
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment and with multi-disciplinary teams
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: "Apply for this job".
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 19th February, 2018.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
senior data manager job description
senior clinical data manager salary
school data manager salary
Total Execution Time social :