how to open a western union account in kenya, customer care, charges, Mpesa and contacts
How much does it cost to send money through Western Union to Kenya?
Fees start at $4.99 to send up to $20 online. Mobile send fees start at $1 to send up to $10 for pickup in minutes.**
Cash to Cash*
Send money from anywhere in the US and your receiver can pick it up at more than 1,560 agent locations in Kenya.
Can I collect Western Union money online?
Pick up cash at an agent location, have the money loaded onto a Western Unionprepaid card, or simply have it deposited into a bank account or mobile wallet. Cash: Visit an agent location near you with your ID. You'll also need to ask the sender for the tracking number (MTCN). Find an agent location.
What information do you need to send money via Western Union?
You'll need to complete a "To Send Money" form and pay the agent the amount youwant to send, plus fees, in cash. To pick up the money, the receiver will complete a "To Receive Money" form at any Western Union agent location and provide proper identification. The agent then pays the transfer amount to the receiver.
How much money can be sent via Western Union?
However, some countries set limits on how much can be received. If you have questions about a specific amount you're sending or a specific country, please call Customer Care at 1-800-325-6000. ON THE PHONE: The money transfer limit ranges from $300 to $2,500.
Do you need ID to pick up money from Western Union?
When your receiver visits a participating Western Union® agent location to pick upthe cash, he or she will need the 10-digit tracking number (MTCN), a photo ID, and the answer to the test question (if you provided one).
How can I send money to someone with my phone?
Send money to a phone number
- Open the Wallet app.
- Tap $0 and enter the amount you want to send.
- Tap Send.
- Enter your recipient's phone number.
- Confirm the amount and your payment method. You can also include a memo.
- Tap Send. If you made a mistake or changed your mind, you have a few seconds to tap Cancel transfer.
What do you need to send money via Western Union?
- Search for a participating Western Union Agent location near you.
- Complete the Send Money section of the form and choose Cash Pickup and Next-Day speed. ...
- Give the agent the completed form with the applicable funds (including transaction fee). ...
- Save the receipt with your tracking number (MTCN).