HELB application forms for non-salaried applicants
- Undergraduate First Time Applicants
- Undergraduate Second and Subsequent
- Undergrad Loan Review/Appeals
- Constituency Loan Application Forms Embu
- Constituency Loan Application Forms Tinderet
- Constituency Loan Application Forms Naivasha
- Constituency Loan Application Forms Igembe
- Constituency Loan Application Forms Karachuonyo
- Constituency Loan Application Forms Awendo
- TVET for Tertiary Institutions
- TVET for Tertiary Institutions Second and Subsequent
- Afya Elimu Fund (AEF) Subsequent Loan Application
- First Time and Subsequent Afya Elimu Fund Pre-Service
- Visa Oshwal Scholarship
HELB Loan Application Forms
HELB Loans and Bursaries links, Click the links as follows:
1. Apply for a Loan – Helb application forms
2. Apply for a Bursary – Helb bursary application
3. Apply for Scholarship – Helb scholarship application
Helb Loan Status – Helb Loan Disbursement Status
4. Enquiries – Helb Enquiris
5. Loan Status – Helb Loan Status
Helb Loan Repayment Status
Repaying your loan will help other students benefit from our loans
1. Repay your Loan
2. Loan Repayment Status
3. Loan Repayment Modes
4. Student Guide
5. Employer Guide
HELB Loan Website: www.helb.co.ke and Contacts
Physical Address: University Way, Anniversary Towers, 18th Floor,
Postal Address: P.O. Box 69489 – 00400, NAIROBI, Kenya.
Tel: +254 711 052 000 020 2278000
HELB Loan E-mail Addresses:
Loan Repayment enquiries:- email@example.com
Employers forward monthly Loan repayment schedules:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Disbursement, Bursary and loan Awards Enquiries:– email@example.com
Apply for Advertised Jobs at HELB:- Jobads@helb.co.ke
Complaints should be channeled to: firstname.lastname@example.org
HELB Loan : Helb awards loans to the following categories of students:
HELB Loan for Diploma and Certificate Students
Students pursuing Diploma and Certificate courses in Public universities, university colleges, public national polytechnics and Institutes of Technology and Technical Training institutes country-wide are eligible for TVET loan and bursary.
helb portal disbursement
new helb portal
helb portal disbursement 2017
HELB Loan for Undergraduate Government or Self Sponsored Students
Students pursuing undergraduate programmees in Public universities and university colleges are eligible to apply for Direct Entry Students Loans. These loans are for students joining public or private universities/colleges within the East African Community directly from high school either through the KUCCPS or as self-sponsored.
HELB Loan for Post Graduate students
HELB awards scholarships to postgraduate students pursuing their Masters or Doctoral studies. The award is based on academic merit. Scholarships are allocated to universities every year, based on the population of their student. The application period is April to July every year and the beneficiaries are announced before the beginning of the academic year in September. Applicants are required to pay a processing fee of kshs 3,000
HELB Loan Application Requirements
Helb Applicants are required to have the following before applying for HELB loan:
- A Copy of your National Identification card. HELB uses your ID No to identify an applicant. You will also use your national Id No when creating an account.
- A valid bank account. Students who qualify for loan awards will have their personal bank accounts credited before the beginning of each Semester. Students are advised to open accounts in the following collaborating banks:
- Kenya Commercial Bank
- National Bank of Kenya
- Kenya Post Office Savings Bank (Postbank)
- Cooperative Bank of Kenya
- Equity Bank.
- KRA pin from the Kenya Revenue Authority. The Pin helps the board to track its loanee’s. It is therefore an important element in the application process.
- Your Parent (s)/ guardian particulars. This includes name, marital status, level of education, source of income, employee details, current pay slip and employee No. (If employed).
- Your Parents Death certificate( If not existing).
- Copy of letter of admission to the university/college.
- Copies of two guarantors’ ID’s.
- Three Recent colored passport size photograph
HELB Application: First Time Undergraduate Helb Loan Application (Used in 2016/2017 Academic year)
The Higher Education Loans Board invites applications for the 2016-2017 First Time Undergraduate Loan from Kenyans admitted into Government of Kenya-Sponsored or Self-Sponsored Programs in Public or Private Universities in Kenya and the East African Community that are recognized by the Commission for University Education [CUE].
HELB Loan Application – Eligible students:
- Government of Kenya-Sponsored undergraduate Students placed by Kenya Universities & Colleges Central
Placement Service and admitted by the universities.
- Direct Entry Undergraduate Self-Sponsored Students.
How to Apply for a HELB Loan – HELB Loan Application Guide / Instructions
- Applicants should access and fill the 2016-2017 First Time Undergraduate Loan Application Form [LAF] from the HELB website www.helb.co.ke.
- Print TWO copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form.
- Have the form appropriately filled, signed and stamped by the relevant authorities and guarantors.
- Sign the form and attach all the necessary documents as indicated in the checklist appearing on the last page of the LAF.
- Present the two copies of the LAF to one of the listed banks that you have opened an account with, for verification and insertion of your bank account details.
- Leave one copy of the LAF and all the attached support documents with the bank for free delivery to the Board OR drop it personally at the Board’s Office on 18th floor, Anniversary Towers OR in the following Huduma centers nearest to you:- Nairobi GPO, Kakamega, Eldoret, Nakuru, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nyeri, Embu, Machakos, Kisii, Bungoma, Turkana, Meru and Kitui.
- Retain one copy of the duly filled LAF (Mandatory).
Please ensure that you read, understand and follow the instructions provided at the beginning of the online loan application process. The closing date for the loan application is September 30th, 2015.
For more information please contact:
The Chief Executive Offi cer/Board Secretary
Higher Education Loans Board at
busia county helb portal
kakamega county helb portal
how to change helb portal password
helb application deadline