Each year, the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) announces opening of the online application system for prospective candidates looking forward to enrolling for higher learning education.
The first revision exercise for degree students involves candidates who competitively met the minimum aggregate of C+ (46 points) in the previous year KCSE were derived after in-depth analysis and assessment of the declared capacity of our local public and private universities for all degree programmes under the sponsorship of the government.
2019 KUCCPS Second Revision of Courses - Advance Africa
KUCCPS Second Revision of Courses for 2018/2019 Placement Cycle
KUCCPS revision of courses procedure for KCSE candidates
For KCSE 2018 Candidates- How to apply for courses via the ...
Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service | Aligning ...
Important information from kuccps to 2018 KCSE candidates | KISII ...
KUCCPS Application deadline for KCSE 2018 Candidates; First ...
KUCCPS Second Revision of Courses 2018 - Degree & Diploma ...
The government has also advised candidates who scored at least a C- (32 points) and D (18 points) to apply for Diploma and Certificate courses under government sponsorship. The placement service expects prospective applicants to keep track of important dates to make sure they are not locked out.
The first revision gives out an equal opportunity for all candidates to make informed career choices regardless of whether they applied through their secondary schools or not. It is important to note is that students application revision is only done online and no manual submissions will be accepted or reviewed.
Revision of courses procedure
There are several KUCCPS programmes that candidates can choose. Even with the diversity, it is essential to make an informed career choice to get the most out of your training. Apparently, there are 529-degree programmes, 66-universities, more than 200-diploma programmes, and about 122 colleges to choose. Below is an elaborate KUCCPS application system procedure to help you with the revision process and avoid being locked out on this crucial exercise.
- Navigate to KUCCPS student portal
- Log in using your KCSE Index Number, examination year, and password
Note: Use your Birth Certificate number or KCPE Index number to serve as your Initial Password.
- Click on the button labelled “APPLICATION / REVISION.”
- Start your revision by entering the programme codes for all the six choices labelled as 1a, 1b, 1c, 2, 3, and 4.
- Click on the button “Check requirements” to verify whether you are eligible for a set of selected programmes.
- If you qualify for all the programmes chosen, a submit button will appear. Your qualification is based on whether you meet all the minimum requirements set for particular courses. The “Submit” button will also work exclusively for the programmes you have selected.
- If you are applying for the first time, the system will prompt you with an MPESA transaction code. Complete the payment through MPESA and then feed in the transaction code to authorise your payment.
- Prospective applicants are forewarned not to make any payment before checking their eligibility status for a set of KUCCPS courses selected.
Note: Candidates who paid the placement fees through their secondary schools will not be required to pay during their first and second revisions.
KUCCPS expects candidates who fail to secure a choice in their first revision following a competitive selection to participate in the second revision on a mandatory basis to avoid losing out on the exercise. There should be no cause of worry if your first application for higher learning education was not accepted. By that, I mean that it is not necessarily your fault you are now revising for KUCCPS courses.
That said, this section will guide you with an elaborate procedure to make sure your applications are successfully accepted. The second and final revision of certificate, diploma, and degree courses is equally open to your choice but with limited courses on offer. For this reason, prospective candidates should make degree, diploma, and certificate choices to different unfilled capacities listed in the portal.
If you have the required points and yet your index numbers is not documented on KUCCPS website, then it means that you have already secured a place in the career and institution that you chose. This implies that the placement board accepted your first application to join selected learning programmes, and you will receive official communication at the end of the placement process.
The second revision of courses by KUCCPS is also another lucrative opportunity for those candidates who failed to submit their applications during secondary school and first revisions. Helpful guiding information concerning available programmes in different institutions, programme clusters, preceding cut-off points, weighed cluster points, and the procedure of application are all accessible through KUCCPS portal. Below is a step by step guide to facilitate your revision of degree courses.
- Access and login to KUCCPS student portal
- Click on the link titled as “APPLICATION / REVISION” top initiate your revision process.
- Provide the programme codes for the revised choices recorded on the “New program code” column.
- Tick on the select to revise the column
- All your choices will be displayed upon accurate completion of the form
- In case of errors highlighted in red colour, make the necessary corrections and save again.
- Remember to always log out from your KUCCPS student portal for the safety of your applications and personal information.
Note: On clicking the button indicated “View Previous Choices” you can gain a glimpse of your earlier application choices. Clicking on “View Current Choices” will show your current programmes.
Visit the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) offices or contact them through the following contacts details between 08:00 am and 05:00 pm.
1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden, Community area, Nairobi Kenya
Phone 1: +254 723 954 927
Phone 2: +254 734 879 662
KUCCPS revision of courses is a life-changing exercise that determines your future career and such should always be taken seriously. Besides keeping track of important dates, it is advisable to consult informed persons before settling on a particular study course. You have worked hard to qualify for tertiary education and therefore should not let the selection process hold back your dreams.